Friday, August 21, 2009

MAOT Recap

It has been a week since the crowning of Miss America's Outstanding Teen 2010 Jeanette Morelan, but I'm still buzzing from the excitement of my Orlando expirience.

On Friday, the interim night between prelims and finals, I filmed my TLC interview that will be posted online (make sure to vote for me on the TLC website! More details later...) and attended the 2nd Annual Miss America Fundraiser at the home of time-share magnate David Siegel. The house was spectacular, with hundreds of original works of art, a beautiful yard (complete with peacocks) and a grand staircase to rival Tara. The event itself was just as impressive, gathering hundreds of the area's philanthropists to dine on some of the most delicious and varied menus I have ever encountered. I really wasn't prepared to have the amount of fun I had with the other Miss America contestants. Once again, they took me by surprise with the depth of their good humor. I don't quite know what I expected, but I didn't expect to find what I did.

Following our night of mayhem, we had a business meeting on Saturday morning, where we discussed the necessary though slightly less exciting topics of ticket sales, sponsorships, and production elements for January.

Saturday night brought the announcement and competition of the top 10 Miss America's Outstanding Teen contestants, and the crowning of our 2010 titleholder. Jeanette Morelan from Racine, Wisconsin became our new MAOT!

After a lovely week of floating on Cloud 9, it was time to return to reality on Sunday morning, when my flight out of Orlando was delayed almost two hours. :P Oh well. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment