Saturday, August 8, 2009

July 24th- August 6th

I'm back! My extended absence was due to technological malfunctions.... I cracked my computer screen and had to have it replaced by the Geek Squad.

Despite the lack of blog updates, I have been busy for the last few weeks, so I'll start where I left off.

July 24th- I spent Friday in Canton, SD judging the interview portion of the Little Miss Canton & Junior Miss Canton Pageant with Miss South Dakota USA 2008 Jessica Rowell and Mrs. South Dakota 2008 April Kelling. The interviews took place at the Canton Pizza Ranch, during a pizza dinner. Yum!
That evening, I attended Relay for Life in Sioux Falls, where I had the honor of crowning Miss Relay for Life 2009 at the conclusion of one of the night's many mini-competitions.

July 25th- In the morning, I judged and performed at the Little Miss Canton & Junior Miss Canton Pageant. Gabriella Isais was crowned Little Miss Canton 2009, and Mackenzie Halverson was crowned Junior Miss Canton. Little Miss Canton director Jessie Brower and her volunteers are to be commended for putting together a very fun experience for all of the contestants.
In the afternoon, I traveled to Madison, SD, where I was a guest performer at the Miss Prairie Village Pageant.

July 26th- Thanks to the generosity of the National Guard Recruiters, I was able to sign autographs and watch the spectacular feats of daring pilots from the shade of the Recruiting Tent at the Sioux Falls Air Show.

August 1st- I traveled to Burke, SD for Dog Days 2009, where I participated in the Dog Days Parade, signed autographs at the Root Beer Float Social, and performed at the reunion banquet. My grandma, great aunt, and great uncle were all in Burke as well, participating in reunion activities as Burke alumni.

August 6th- I attended the Sioux Falls Truck and Trailer Customer Appreciation Golf Tournament, meeting people from all over South Dakota and Minnesota as I toured the golf course on the beverage cart.


No comments:

Post a Comment